Some of my favorite things to read on blogs this time of year are gift guides — even though I’ve already wrapped up my Christmas shopping for the year (the earliest I’ve ever finished!), I still think it’s fun to check out what others recommend gifting to loved ones.
I decided to create my own gift guide of some fun and some practical items that my friends and I love. Hope you enjoy!
- Charleston Rice Beads: As a Charlestonian, I like these bracelets (they have earrings and necklaces too!) because they’re simple, can be layered with other jewelry, and pay homage to a bit of the city’s history.
- Birchbox Subscription Box: I’m a big fan of subscription boxes because they’re the gifts that keep on giving (see my review of the Varieteas subscription box here!). Birchbox is one of the original beauty and skincare subscription boxes, and I’ve heard great things about it from my friends who have tried it! You can get a monthly subscription that can be cancelled at any time, or go for a whole year subscription.
- Mini-steamer: Both practical and convenient, this little steamer is easy to use and makes it difficult to ruin your nicer clothes. While I’m always afraid I’ll burn more delicate fabrics with an iron, this steamer is perfect for getting the wrinkles out of nicer dress clothes. Just fill it with water, wait for it to heat up, and steam your clothes on a hanger — no ironing board needed!
- All-weather Boots: These Sperry boots come in all colors and styles (I have a darker pair that I wore all the time in rainy Copenhagen last fall). While I like the style of these boots from Sperry, these are super easy to find in all sorts of price ranges, from high-end L.L. Bean duck boots to this less expensive but still weather-proof pair on Amazon.
- Instax Camera: A great gift for the photography-lover in your life. Instax cameras produce little Polaroid-like photo prints that are perfect for someone who likes instant gratification when taking photos.
- Portable Speaker: I’ve had one of these Jawbone Jambox speakers for a few years and love to use it when playing music in my apartment or room at home. I can charge it and use it on-the-go, and it connects to my phone via Bluetooth. In the same way there are a ton of options for all-weather boots in all styles and price ranges, portable speakers are great gift ideas for student who want small speakers to bring to school or music-lovers looking for high-tech devices to play their music.