Even though it feels like I just flew home from my summer in New York City, I’m headed back to the airport tomorrow to travel to Colorado for a family vacation! My mom, dad, brother and I are headed out to meet my aunt and cousin who live in Boulder. We’re planning on spending a few days in the Boulder/Denver area and then road tripping around the state. Definitely make sure to follow me on Instagram (@maryclaireschulz + link in the sidebar!) to see what I’m up to. I will also definitely be doing a Colorado travel post when I return, so stay tuned!
- Spotify Premium + headphones: Paying the monthly fee for Spotify Premium (only $5/month for students!) is the best decision I’ve made in a long time. I can save my favorite songs and playlists and listen to them without using data/WiFi. I always keep a pair of earbud headphones in my bag when I travel (I’m not super picky about headphones, so mine are just the free ones that came with my iPhone).
- Kindle Paperwhite: I was a nonbeliever in e-readers for years, but I can spend entire flights reading and hate carrying around multiple heavy books when I travel. My Kindle is the perfect way to have multiple books on hand without all the weight. I’ll be catching up on One Thousand White Women and A Hundred Summers on my flight to Colorado. Any other good book recommendations?
- Water bottle: I’m a huge proponent of reusable water bottles (save the Earth and save some money, am I right?). I’ll be filling mine up after I go through security with good old-fashioned water from an airport water fountain to stay hydrated while I fly.
- Make-up wipes and de-puffing concealer: I’m not a huge fan of wearing a lot of makeup when I fly and odds are that I’ll probably be too lazy to put on any makeup for a long day of travel to Colorado. But I always love having makeup wipes on hand to freshen up before I get off the plane, even when I’m not wearing anything on my face. I’ll also be throwing an under-eye concealer in my bag to apply before landing.
- Hand sanitizer: I’ve pretty much come to terms with the fact that hand sanitizer doesn’t actually kill 99% germs like it claims to, but when I use it before I eat and after disembarking, I still feel a lot cleaner.
- Snacks: Snacks are a key part of my everyday life, so you know I will be bringing some in my carry-on bag. I’ve heard TSA can be weird about produce (does anyone know if this is actually true?), so I always try to bring something packaged but healthy. Granola bars are a solid, filling choice.