Happy Friday, friends!
I’m thinking of doing a weekly round-up post on my favorite things I found browsing online. Here some of the cool things I found this week:
- Lately I’ve been trying to wrap up my work after dinner and relax a bit before bed. I’m slowly working my way through Gilmore Girls on Netflix (and already missing Stranger Things — bring on season 2 ASAP), but now that I’ve found Buzzfeed’s list of must-see feel-good films, I may have to start working some more movie-watching into my evening routine.
- I’m always intrigued by what other people carry around in their bags (I feel like it’s a weirdly personal look into someone else’s life), so I found Annie’s post on what she carries in her work bag super interesting.
- I spent a good hour this week watching all of Mode.com’s 100 Years of Fashion Videos. They all offer a well-curated look into the beautiful (and occasionally not-so-beautiful … sorry, 1980s) looks popular in the past 100 decades. One of my favorites is the 100 Years of Wedding Gowns video.
- Meghan of Wit & Whimsy has been one of my favorite bloggers for years, and I had to the chance to meet her in New York City this summer! Even based on just a short meeting over coffee, it was easy to tell that Meghan is an incredibly genuine and caring person. It’s no surprise she’s already finding success in her new consulting business. She wrote a lovely post on gratitude this week that reminded me to count both my extraordinary and my mundane blessings.
- McKinney is one of the major advertising agencies in this area of North Carolina (and they also have an office in NYC). The agency’s chief strategy officer wrote an refreshing piece for Campaign US on why being a know-it-all is not only impossible but also limiting of true genius. I found this to be an especially reassuring article as an aspiring professional. I constantly feel that there is so much left to learn, and it’s great to know that it’s okay to embrace naïveté.
Hope you enjoyed the links for this week! Wishing wonderful weekends to everyone out there!